Chobani’s Excellence in Online Customer Care
I am a huge fan of Chobani’s Greek yogurt. The texture, the perfect balance of bitter and sweet, the fact that every cup is loaded with protein…it’s just fantastic. And the brand has really become a leader in the market within a relatively short period of time. I may not have a 360 degree view of the Chobani business processes and core strategies for success, but I do know that when it comes to customer online engagement, they’re winners.
Recently I’ve been noticing that every other cup of banana strawberry Chobani I’ve purchased from my local grocery store has been of a soupy, runny consistency, as opposed to the standard thick and creamy. Naturally disappointed but also desiring to continue enjoying their product – because, let’s face it; the other store-bought brands aren’t nearly as good – I called them out on Twitter. The correspondence went something like this…
To which I replied, “Excellent. Thanks!” But then I thought…
To which the designated Chobani community manager responded…
So I sent an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, followed by a little bit of back and forth with the extremely congenial representative assigned to my case. Concerned that the shipments to my local grocer were not being properly refrigerated at some point on the journey from the manufacturing plant to the store, she asked me to give her some simple information found on the lid of one of the soupy cups. She then assured me that she would escalate my issue to the Quality Care team, and that it would be dealt with promptly.
Of course, time will tell if the refrigeration issue has been resolved, and it’s not like Chobani is the only brand delivering excellent customer service in the social space, but I’ve always been one who likes to give credit and applause wherever it is due. The fact that the response time to my complaint was literally within minutes – both on Twitter and via email – indicates that customer centricity is at the core of Chobani’s strategy for success (not just a good product). And the sad fact is, many companies – even many consumer brands – hire customer-facing representatives who exhibit the exact opposite of no-questions-asked, excellent customer service exhibited by the good people working at the digital helm of Chobani.
- .@yourgirlhils 3M LifeLab details here: twitter.com/3M/status/5717… Let's connect! I'd love 2 hear your talk too! #SXSW2015 #sxsw #LifeWith3M 4 hours ago
- RT @3M: Born in a lab & brought 2 life @ #sxsw2015! See how our #Dichroic film makes science beautiful s.3m.com/W69j http://t.co/U… 5 hours ago
- @yourgirlhils Yah! Also, you gotta stop by our tent...can't divulge details, but it's gonna be a spectacle for sure! I'm there 3/11-3/16 2 days ago
- @Lapakko Most def. #beers 2 days ago
- .@Lapakko You left without saying goodbye! Will u be at #sxswi? 2 days ago
- Kudos to you, Mr. Cook
- Mindfulness: From Human Doing to Human Being
- The slippery slope of physical discipline
- False prophets (You will know them by their fruit)
- One nation, under siege: how then shall we live?
- Keeping passion alive
- In 2014, take more risks
- How to get ahead
- The sharing economy
- Fear: What if I succeed?